and how to look amazing!
20 years ago...
I remember about 20 years ago, when I was a model, I would start preparing for a maternity photoshoot days in advance and my stance stays the same...this is what I would do and I recommend that you follow it to prepare for your glamour photoshoot, whether it is here in my studio in Gumpoldskirchen, a photoshoot in your home in Perchtoldsdorfor, in Mödling or in Vienna or just about in Austria or in Europe!!! :) !!!
- Sleep well. To achieve this, do some gentle exercise at least two hours before bed time such as yoga or pilates. Have a warm bath or shower one hour before bed and then read a book leaving all your electronic devices far away from your bed. That includes your phone!
- Hydrate…. Yes, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. We normally (or at least I do) drink less water than we really should really. If you hydrate properly, your skin will look great. Think of a plant that hasn’t received any water for days. If you are not hydrated properly, this really shows in the camera, particularly around your arms and your eyes. Increase your water intake at least 2 weeks before a shoot and continue doing so for the rest of your life. Water is vital for everyone!
- Exfoliate your face and body with a sugar and lemon homemade scrub the night before. This is to reduce flaky skin and redness. But just in case, please try this several weeks before the shoot and see how your skin reacts to it.
- Moisturise your skin with your favourite lotion.
- Use a silk pillowcase on the night before the shoot to ensure that the skin of your face does not have any marks from the night before. Some claim that silk pillowcases even prevent wrinkles, who knows?
- Eliminate unwanted body and facial hair a few days before if you feel uncomfortable with it and eyebrows groomed
- I can include a Makeup Artist for your photoshoot, whether it is for a Maternity photoshoot, a destination photography during your vacation here in Austria or a simply for a Headshots photo for your brand new CV. If you choose to hire one of my lovely make up artists, please come to your session with a clean face, exfoliate the night before and on the day moisturise the skin. Your skin should be free of any makeup residue from the day before.
- Make sure your roots are retouched previously to the session. Moisturise your hair with a mask the night before and blow dry your hair as you like it best. Then my hair and makeup artist, will fix the rest.
- Hands play a very important role in your portraits. Nails should be neatly trimmed with no polish or a nude/blush tone. A simple manicure and pedicure will be perfect. Make sure that your fingers and toes match. In fact, we encourage you to have NOTHING on your nails. Don't paint them in a bright or bold colour as we will ask you to remove the polish during hair & make up.
- Wear loose clothes on the day of the shot to avoid marks on the skin.
- Ensure to include along your chosen outfit the following: Nude Strapless bra + matching nude panty. (no show panties are preferred), a white and black bras with matching pants.
- Relax…. I will do my job which is to guide you through the poses. I will look for your best angles so you look amazing in all of the pictures. This is a day for you to enjoy, an experience that will last with you for a long time and one that you might want to repeat.
Do you want to start planning your session and don't know how? I will help you to choose an amazing location for your photoshoot in Vienna (or anywhere else in Austria), as well as giving you advice on your outfit and will also put you in touch with an amazing make-up artist for your photoshoot.
What are you waiting?
Send me a message here to find out more. I promise I will never spam you with unwanted mail (I just don't! :)